Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Snarky, vile, and deliciously fun...you don't know til you go, haven't been til you've gone and that's why I'm still in hot pursuit of the sun.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Cheese with my wine, please


oh the self induced pain i inflict on myself. 3,yes,3 bottles of wine consumed by one person in one evening is in fact excessive.

how do i know this....i tragically fell victim to my own uberindulgence last evening.wine is a sneaky little devil waiting patiently to creep up on you when you least expect it. it all started innocently enough, a glass or four while i cleaned my house. then i thought(mistake numero uno...thinking) it's a lovely evening to sit on my lanai, have another glass or four as the case may be. then my grandmother called, not the i mind this, i actually enjoy talking to her. however, the call spawned the opening of yet another bottle, and another glass or four.

now, the wine is beginning it's well planned sneak attack, and i am beginning drunken genius thought process, which for me fortunatly( for others as well as myself) involves really only one thing.JUUUUNNNKK FOOOOOOD!(yes as a matter of fact my internal monologue does remarkably similar to the ghost of christmas past) it was then i began my trek to 7-11 to aquire the one thing that could make the night better...skittles(mmmm,chewy rainbow goodness) apparently at some point on my quest for the holy grail of candies i injured my self. not really sure how, as i don't remember feeling any pain, but i do in fact have a booboo on my shin.( this booboo is also a sneaky little bastard, it like the wine crept up on me. i did't feel it until i was draging my aching carcass out of bed this morning and laid eyes on it.) i proceeded to go home and whack myself in the head with the wall. not on purpose i assure you. nay-nay this wall came out of nowhere as i was attempting to enter the bathroom. i now have a bump on my head and have spent the morning apologizing to my liver, and pleading with my stomach to settle down. blargh, ick, and other moans of malaise.

1 comment:

  1. Try being married to a wine expert.

    I tell myself that because I'm getting drunk on fancy wine (instead of malt liquor), it's not alcoholism.
    It's "wine appreciation"

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete